Deciding on the right case management software for your nonprofit may seem overwhelming, but it doesn’t have to be. Once you’ve established the right evaluation criteria, finding the right case management software will be a much more straightforward task.
Unsure of how to establish evaluation criteria for your nonprofit? Don’t worry, we’ve got some helpful tips that will make life much easier.
- Know the reasons why your organization needs new software. Perhaps you recently had a buy-in from leadership or the organization outgrew its current data systems. Whatever the reason may be, it’s always smart to start out your search for new case management software knowing what the needs are.
- Understand your organization’s budgetary needs. Before looking into software, be sure you know what you’re able to spend. The good news? There are many affordable options out there and most software companies will be more than happy to work within your nonprofit’s budget.
- Know your team’s capabilities. There is always a learning curve when new software programs are brought in, but the right case management software should be something that isn’t overly complicated and is easy to learn. Bonus points for software companies that provide training and support opportunities.
- Check references for various software companies. You’re not the first one to need case management software and there are many other organizations that have already gone through this process. Read their reviews. Or better yet, talk to companies who are using the software you’re considering and find out their thoughts and why they chose it.
- Find out the software company’s terms and conditions. You’ll want to know the length of the term, potential price increases, confidentiality, privacy and data ownership, payment terms, as well as warranties and guarantees.
Nonprofits have enough stress to contend with day in and day out. Fortunately, having the right case management software in place will help make it easier to manage time and tasks. Gone will be the worries of losing files and data and issues that can come with poor communication. The right case management software for your nonprofit will allow for more time to focus on your mission and your clients.