If you write letters to help fundraise for your agency, then you know the challenges with what to write, the tone you take, how to get your letter opened, conversion rates and the like! This week's Movie Monday's Fundraising Tip is in and it's a good one! You'll find out about Tom who is one of the most sought out donor communications writers in the world and his style of writing. Some great tips to share - enjoy!
Tom is one of the most sought out donor communications writers in the world. He's also a best selling author. If you've been in fundraising for a while, then you probably have one or more of his books on your shelf.
You are going to learn a lot in this video. So grab a pen and paper and take notes.
Here's what you'll learn:
- How to make your direct mail letters feel personal
- Why direct mail fails, and what you can do to improve your response rate - raising you more money
- What a holocaust survivor can teach you about what humans need
- You'll learn how to conduct a "YOU" test
- And you'll also learn what makes Tom break out in a cold sweat
You'll get an inside look at what Tom does as he sits down to write one of his famous appeal letters.