Knowing what your case management database needs in order for goals, compliance and deliverables to be met isn't a one-size-fits-all answer. Many different variables must be accounted for when deciding what the ideal case management database looks like for your organization. Here are four resources that you can use to quickly help you facilitate this important decision:
An impartial scorecard allows you to effectively and objectively tease out those attributes that your case management database must possess to be a good fit for your organization. Presented in an easy-to-use checklist form, such a scorecard would enable you to assess items such as:
- whether your data is standardized to ensure its smooth management and to make compliance simple
- the security standards that are set up to protect data while still facilitating the necessary collaboration
- the transparency of users in terms of who changed a record and when
- and much more.
Part of being able to find the right case management software for your organization to use this year is being able to assess different options in an organized manner. Ideally, this should allow you to assign a numerical value to each case management database you are considering. This number would provide you with your assessment of every facet of the software based on criteria such as usability, functionality, deployment, support and pricing. Having the scores automatically tabulated for you like they are in this buyer's guide saves you valuable time. This provides you with key information in an easy-to-compare format.
Transforming Your Case Management
In order to meet the growing and diverse needs of the organizations it serves, case management software needs to transform the experiences of everyone touched by it -- social workers, organizations, clients and more. When considering if your case management database is poised to transform the way your organization manages its data, there are at least three areas of focus to think about.
- Intake process: Does it provide continuity and security while streamlining the intake process?
- Workflow, tracking and reporting: Delivering services in a fluid manner that tracks each resource and recipient lends itself to robust and accurate reporting.
- Training: The staff powering your organization is of vital importance. Does onboarding new staff take up significant time? If key personnel should leave, does knowledge that others must use go with them?
Take it for a test drive
Using the above tools should help you narrow down your choices to a few top contenders. Committing to a case management database is a big step for your organization. It's imperative that you take any software that you are thinking of investing in for a thorough test drive prior to purchasing it. A live demo allows you to browse through the different elements and features that are included in the software. Look for software that is highly customizable to meet the unique needs of your agency or organization. It should also be scalable so that it can meet your needs as your case management responsibilities grow. Different licensing options means you can purchase a system that's perfectly sized for the needs of your organization.
Ever since its inception - 20 years ago, FamCare has been leading the way in case management database solutions. Robust, fully customizable, transparent and efficient, FamCare is trusted by organizations across the globe.
Reach out to us today to learn more or to sign up for a live demo of their ground-breaking case management software.